Closer to Jesus Ministries
21 days of Prayer & Fasting – January 2015
Theme: Being built up a Spiritual house to offer acceptable sacrifices
Texts: 1 Pet 2:1-5, Malachi 3:3 Hebrews 3:6, Hebrews 4:12, 1Sam 3:4-6, 21, Ezek 13, Exod 25:40, Ephesians 2:11-22, 2Tim 2:19-21; Phil 2:12 Col 3:16, 23
Over the past years, by God’s grace, CJM has managed to build a physical building. However a spiritual house is still to be built. Now God is the builder of his own spiritual house. Jesus said in Matt 16:18 “And I also say to you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of Hades shall not prevail against it.” Now we’re all invited to be building blocks of that temple that God wants to build. God is in the business of preparing a bride for His son. For us to qualify we have to go through a process of purification and sanctification. God is the refiner and purifier of our lives as silver is being purified – Mal 3:3. As we await the coming of our Lord, Jesus Christ, it’s important that we examine ourselves whether we are in the faith -2Corinthians 13:5
1 Peter 2:5 You yourselves like living stones are being built up as a spiritual house, to be a holy priesthood, to offer spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ.
1. Give Him praise & thanks because He has brought you into 2015.
2. Thank Him because you were redeemed by the precious blood of Jesus, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot – 1Pet 1:19
3. Let’s thank God Almighty for His everlasting love and endless mercy and grace that we are born again, and we are his spiritual children. Let’s thank Him also for spiritual transformation that is taking place in our minds. That the way we’ve been thinking (like worldly people will continuously be transformed).
4. Worship Him because you are born again not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible seed, by the Word of God, which lives and abides for ever.
A. Being built up a spiritual house: by the word of God.
1. Father, I worship and praise your name, for your loving kindness and your truth; for you have magnified your word above all your name; and you watch over your own word to perform it. I pray that you’ll help me to uphold your word and to do according to the counsel of your word in Jesus name. Psalm 138:2, Jeremiah 1:12
2. Lord Jesus Christ, you are the one that baptizes with the Holy Spirit. Put in me the desire to hunger for the Holy Spirit and be led by Him.
3. Father, I pray that I will not neglect your word but rather I will desire it as new born babes desire pure milk that I may grow thereby. Peter 2:2
4. Father, I thank you because of your word which is living (quick), powerful, sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit; and It is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart. Father, I ask you to help me to believe your word wholeheartedly so that the Power in the word of God will: Hebrews 4:12
a. accomplish its intended purpose in my life – Isa 55:10-11
b. work effectively in my life as a believer – 1Thess 2:13 & Heb 4:2
c. build me up and give me the inheritance that is mine – Acts 20:32
d. and make me complete for all good works -2 Tim 3:16-17
5. May I be a doer of your word and not just a hearer of your word only in the name of Jesus. James 1:22
6. Let your word work in me to will and to do your good pleasure, and to work out my own salvation with fear and trembling. Phil 2:12-13
7. I pray that I will be diligent to study it and to meditate therein day and night, that I may observe to do according to all that is written therein so that I may prosper and have good success. Joshua 1:8
B. Being build up a spiritual house: by worship
1. Father your word declares that my body is God’s temple and that the Holy Spirit dwells in me. I therefore rededicate my body, soul and spirit unto you and ask you to sanctify me. 1Cor 3:16-17
2. I present my body as a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable to God, which is my reasonable service. And I refuse to conform to the standard of this world, but be rather I ask that you help me to be transformed by the renewing of my mind, that I may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God. Romans 12:1-2
3. Your word in Malachi 3:3 says that you sit as a refiner and purifier of silver, Lord I ask that you refine and purify my life; purge me like gold and silver that I may offer unto you offerings in righteousness.
4. Father make me a true worshiper so that I will worship you in spirit and in truth. John 4:24
C. Being build up a spiritual house: spiritual growth
Ps 51:6; John 17:17; Ps 119:105
1. Lord build my life up on the truth, in Jesus’ mighty Name
a. Let the truth of your Word sanctify me
b. Let the truth of your Word deliver me from every lie that I have believed and told myself
c. Let the truth of your Word deliver me from every wrong mind-set (everything not planted by you)
d. Increase my appetite for truth and starve my appetite for lies
Gal 5: 22-24; Rom 13:9-10; Col 3: 12-16; 2 Tim 2:20-21
2. Pray for the manifestation and perfection in your life of all the fruits of the Spirit. Ask The Lord to build up you character, make you more like Christ in Jesus Name. Lord unite us together by Your Spirit, let us be of one mind that your Spirit will operate unhindered among us.
a. Humility, Obedience, Submission, Self-Control, Selflessness, Love, Longsuffering, Peace, Gentleness, Faith, Compassion, Mercy, Unity, etc
b. Lord, I purge myself by the blood of Jesus of every contaminant that will make me of no use in Your hand
c. Let every carnal and sinful nature ebb out of me, and let the life of Jesus, The Spirit of Jesus flow in and out of me, in Jesus mighty name
3. Lord, take me to new heights in the Spirit in Jesus Name
a. In Prayer
b. In Warfare
c. In Revelation
d. In Vision
e. In Ministry
f. In The Fruits and Gifts of The Spirit
4. Lord make me a woman/man of vision and focus. When others have no vision, I will have vision. I will not walk blindly in Jesus Name
a. I divorce every lack of vision (Spiritual blindness) and focus
b. Align me perfectly to your vision for CJM and enable me to personally contribute to the mandate that you have given to this House
c. Plant me perfectly and let me bear fruit that will remain in this house
d. I reject every “non starter” spirit, I will not die without accomplishing Your calling for my life
e. I will not collaborate with the devil to destroy Your calling upon my life
Eph 6:12-18; Isa 59:16; Rev 3:18
5. I put on the whole armour that you have made available for me
a. I declare that in 2015 I will be battle-ready (watching and praying at all times)
b. I graduate from being an “occasional” to being a “full time” soldier of Jesus Christ
c. I am alert in the Spirit
d. I purge my sprit by the blood of Jesus of every contaminant and clogging that clogs my spiritual vision
e. Lord, put me in remembrance of all that you have taught me thus far and help me to put all I have learned into practice
f. Lord de-clatter my life of every time wasting activity, help me to focus only on eternal things in the Name of Jesus
6. Father in the Name of Jesus I pray for your power, braveness on taking decisions that oppose my flesh. Lord grant me your wisdom so that I cannot waste time arguing over godless ideas and old wives’ tales but rather spend my time and energy in training myself for spiritual fitness (reading my bible, pray daily, Christian meetings and activities).
7. Father in the Name of Jesus I pray for your obedience and understanding when you prune in me fruitless branches and twigs or ungodly mind/elements (hypocrisy, deceit, malicious behaviour, etc.). Lord replace worldly fruits with heavenly fruits or elements found in Christ Jesus (Love, purity, honesty, righteousness, etc.) ( Spiritual Circumcision)
8. Increase Oh Lord in me that craving for Spiritual nourishment (which is your word) and love for others as I love myself In Jesus Name Amen.
9. Heavenly Father Reveal to me my spiritual gift, so that I can use it to serve in your house and I thank you Lord for revealing to me my spiritual Family and I will live in the house of the Lord forever. Amen
10. Father fill me with the spirit of wisdom and understanding in the knowledge of Christ, in the name of Jesus. (To understand your word and apply it correctly) Col.1:9
11. Lord, deliver me from the fear of the unknown (cares of this world) and teach me to trust in you more in the Name of Jesus Christ. Hebrews 11:6
12. Father Lord, help me comprehend the breadth, length, depth and height of the love of Christ towards me which will in turn persuade me to abide in him always, in the name of Jesus. Eph. 3:18-19
13. I refuse in my life, laziness to read the Word of God, meditate on the Word, and prayer in Jesus’ Name. Phil 4:8
14. My Soul and Body, find Rest in Jesus’ Christ Name. Psalm 62:5
D. Being build up a spiritual house: by a continuous infilling and leading of the Holy Spirit (prayer points to continue)