Dealing with the devices of the enemy –
1 Pet 5:8 – “Be sober, be vigilant, because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour.”
- Ask God to sensitize your heart, open your eyes to know which direction the enemy is coming from.
- Say to God, “Grant me the understanding / expose to the tricks, schemes and wiles of the enemy.” Ask God to reveal to you,
– Who is the devil sending to you?
– What stumbling block is he putting on your way?
– What suggestions is he making to you?
– What are his next steps
- As God opens your eyes to these, make a promise that you will not ignore what the Lord is showing you – 2 Corinthians 2:11; Exodus 23:24 & 33; Deut 7:16 & 12:30.
The burden of the Word of God
Exodus 18:22 & Mal 1:1
- Ask God to place in your heart, the burden of righteousness and holiness (burden of His word)
- Ask Him to place in you, the same burden and hatred to sin which He put in the heart of Lot – 2 Pet 2:6-8.
- Ask Him to place the burden of the purpose of this Closer to Jesus Ministries upon you also. The burden has to be shared (Spiritual, financial, administration & physical) – Neh 4:17.
- Ask God to send to us committed and able men and women;
– men of truth & honesty,
– that hate evil & covetousness,
– not those who will divert the vision of the ministry
– not those whose god is their stomach – Phil 3:19
– those that will take initiative & responsibility, so that CJM will be built according to God’s standard.
Judgment to sin in CJM
Num 32:23; Psalm 1:5; 1 Cor 11:31; Gal 2:18; James 4:11; 1 John 3:4-10 & 5:17
- Ask God to cleanse you again by His word – John 15:3 & by the Blood of Jesus – 1 John 1:7.
- Ask God to judge sin in your life if you want to be in this ministry.
- Ask God to remove or make CJM uncomfortable for anyone here, but yet continue to live in iniquity.
NB: Immorality (sexual sin) is not allowed by God in the church – Rom 1:29; 1 Cor 5:1; 6:18; 10:8; Gal 5:19; Col 3:5 & 1 Thess 4:3
- Ask God to destroy every spirit of fornication in our midst.
- Ask Him to either change such person or remove him / her from our midst to avoid pollution.
Dealing with the sin of tale bearing in CJM
Lev 19:16; Proverbs 11:13; 18:8; 20:19; 26:20&22; Gal 6:7-8
- Ask God to remove from our midst, every form of tale bearing. Let the Lord uproot by fire, every spirit of tale bearing that doesn’t want to change
Dealing with the spirit of delay towards the church building project