Theme: A Perfect Heart before God
Text: Gen 17:1 & Deut 18:13
Perfection simply means uprightness, excellence, faultlessness, rightness, precision, exactness and flawless.
Our God is a God of perfection and everything He does is perfect. His work of creation is perfect. His work of salvation is perfect. The new heaven and earth that He is creating is perfect and only those who have allowed Him to perfect them are those that will enter in there – Rev 22:15.
In this 7th month of the year 2010, (the number 7 talks of perfectness and completeness) God is calling us to perfection so that we can become what He wants us to be as we draw closer and closer to His coming and I believe that God cannot ask us to do what is difficult to do. He knows that it is possible and you can only attain this by yielding completely to Him. God wants to perfect us before the material prosperity comes – Deut 25:15. In John 15:5, Jesus says, “Without me (Jesus), you can do nothing.”
God wants us to be perfect in the following areas:
- In hearing Him – Psalm 81:11; Proverbs 7:24 & Isaiah 51:1
- In obedience – 2 Corinthians 10:6 & Phil 2:12
- In every good work – 2 Corinthians 9:8; 2 Tim 3:16-17 & Heb 13:21
- In holiness – 2 Corinthians 7:1
- In speeches – James 3:2 & 1 Pet 1:15
- In patience – James 1:4
- In faith – 1 Thess 3:10 & James 2:22
- In love and peace – 1 Corinthians 13:11; 1 John 4:17-18
- In giving – John 3:16 & James 1:17
- In service and worship – Exodus 29:18, 25 & 41
- In praise – 1 Pet 2:5 & 9
- In His will – Rom 12:2 & Col 4:12
- In understanding, wisdom and knowledge – Job 36:4; 37:16; Luke 1:3; Eph 4:13 & Col 1:28
- For the work of the ministry – Eph 4:12
- In health and prosperity – 3 John vs 2
- Stewardship etc.
As you strive towards the above areas and also find out more on the areas that God wants you to be perfect, The Lord will surely perfect everything that concerns your life Psalm 138:8.
NB: Please ensure you verify and study all the scriptures that appear on this outline.
Day 1 – Monday 26th July 2010
Praise and Thanksgiving
- Thank Him for bringing you into the 7th month of the year 2010 and also appreciate Him because He will also make you to see the end of this year.
- Give Him praise and thanks for enabling you to partake of this prayer and fasting program.
- Thank Him for the gift of life. Tell Him that something must change in your life from today going forward as you begin to step into perfection.
- Thank Him again because He has promised to perfect everything that concerns you and His work through Closer to Jesus Ministries in this land
- Thank Him again because His word says, “Being confident of this very thing that He that began this good work in you will perform until the day of Jesus Christ.” – Phil 1:6.
- Say to Him, “Father I thank you because Jesus Christ our Savior is the only perfect and acceptable sacrifice for mankind before God and that you are seated with such a Savior in the heavenly realms, far above all principalities and powers – Eph 1:17-21
- Thank Him again because you are complete in Him who is the head of all principalities an power – Col 2:10.
Perfect in Hearing His voice Psalm 81:11; Proverbs 7:24 & Isaiah 51:1 & John 10:1-5
- Pray like this, “Father as I humble myself to wait upon you this 7 days, open my eyes through your word to see how perfect you are in all your ways, help me to begin to appreciate the fact that you want me to be perfect in all things and I give you access into my life to pass me through the necessary experiences that I need to go through in order to make me the perfect person you want me to be in Jesus name.”
- Pray like this, “Heavenly Father, from today going forward, I present my body, soul and spirit as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to you which is my reasonable service, I surrender every member of my body (my mouth to speak of your goodness and sing of your praises, my mind to meditate in your words, my eyes to behold your beauty, my ears to hear your voice) in the name of Jesus Christ.”
- Ask Him to help you know His voice when He speaks as a sheep knows the voice of the shepherd and follows – John 10:3-4.
- Pray and ask Him to begin to make you perfect in hearing His voice – through His word.
- Ask Him to help you hear His voice when He counsels you through those He has place in authority over you.
- Say to Him, “Father in the name of Jesus Christ, give me perfect ears so that I can hear you in accents clear, sensitize my heart so that I can hear the voice of the Holy Spirit when you speak to me.”
- Pray like this, “Father help me to hear your voice when you speak to me concerning what you want me to do and your will for my life.”
Day 2 – Tuesday 27th July 2010
In obedience – 2 Corinthians 10:6 & Phil 2:12 and in every good work – 2 Cor 9:8; 2 Tim 3:16-17 & Heb 13:21
NB: God’s word says He wants you to prosper spiritually, materially and be in good health and the enemy always tries to fight it, this is disobedience against the will of God. God says He wants you move forward and the devil stands against it, it is disobedience against the will of God etc. Before you can revenge the disobedience of satan, your obedience to God in all things has to be complete, perfect and upright. God commanded Abraham to walk before Him and be perfect – Gen 17:1. Abraham obeyed God in all things. We are children of Abraham by faith. Pray along these lines:
- Father help me as a descendant of Abraham by faith through Jesus Christ to walk before you and begin to attain perfection in obedience in Jesus name.
- Pray like this, “Heavenly Father, perfect my obedience to you so that I can stand on the intercession of Jesus Christ and on the finished work at Calvary and revenge all disobedience from the devil in the name of Jesus Christ – Amen.
- Rom 5:19 “For as by one man’s disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.” Therefore give Him praise and thanks again because we can be counted righteous by the obedience of Christ.
NB: When you spend most of your time in the flesh, (which most Christians do), righteousness will never be produced. The solution to obeying God is walking in the Spirit; that is constant fellowship with God.
- Ask God to help you to walk in the Spirit so that you don’t fulfill the lust of the flesh instead that Jesus’ righteousness will be fulfilled in you and that you will obey Him in all things. Gal 5:16, Rom 8:4-5
NB: The Christ nature in you delights to obey God but your carnal nature will never want to do what God says instead it wants to do the opposite. Paul says in 1Cor 9:26-27 “I therefore so run, not as uncertainly; so fight I, not as one that beats the air: But I keep under my body; and bring it into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway”.
- Ask God to help you to submit your carnal nature to the nature of Christ to the point that the old nature will die and no longer have control over you.
NB: When you are humble, Jesus is Lord. When you are in pride, you are your own Lord. Being humble is doing or saying what God says you should do or say; it is an attitude of the heart. When you humble yourself God will lift you up and promote you. Jam 4:10 & 1Pet 5:6.
- Pray: Lord help me to humble myself under your mighty hand, that you may exalt me in due time.
NB: God also gives grace to the humble Jam 4:6. Grace is God’s unmerited favor that helps you obey and to do what God calls you to do.
- Pray: Father in the name of Jesus Christ, perfect my obedience and bend me to your will and purpose for my life, and promote me from one level of grace to another and grant me revelation, anointing, provision and strength and anything else I need to accomplish your will & purpose for my life.
NB: Rom 6:16 “Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?”
- Tell God that from today onwards, you will no longer yield any of your members to sin unto death – your mind, heart, body, eyes, ears etc.
- 2 Cor 9:8 – Give Him thanks because He has said He will make all grace abound towards you. Therefore ask for more grace and sufficiency in all things so that you may abound and be perfect in every good work.
- 2 Tim 3:16-17 – God perfects us unto good works through chastisement, correction and reproof. Ask Him to give you the grace to accept His rebuke and correction through those He has placed in authority over you so that you can become perfect unto good works.
- Heb 13:21 – Pray like this again, “Father in the name of Jesus, I ask you to make me perfect in every good work to do your will and work in me that which is well pleasing in your sight through Jesus Christ name – Amen.
Day 3 – Wednesday 28th July 2010
In holiness and in speeches – 2 Corinthians 7:1; James 3:2 & 1 Pet 1:15
- Thank Him again because we serve a God of holiness and He wants to perfect you in holiness so that you look like Him.
- Pray like this, “Father as I come to you by faith in the blood of Jesus Christ, I submit my life (body, soul and spirit) to you and I pray that you purge me from every filthiness of the flesh and spirit so that you will perfect my holiness in the fear and reverence of God in Jesus name – Amen.
- Heavenly Father, your word states in John 15:3 that I am clean through the word that you have spoken to me, therefore I pray that as I come in contact with your word, let it purge me and my conscience so that I can become what you want me to be and serve you the way you want me to serve you in the name of Jesus Christ – Amen.
- Ask Him to make you holy in all manner of conversation as He who has called you is holy.
- Pray from Col 4:6 – That the words you speak will always be with grace, seasoned with salt, that ye may know how to answer every man – colleague, friends and family.
- Say to Him, “Father in the mighty name of Jesus Christ, I refuse to speak like the world around me speaks (words like “Oh shame” and the like) because you have said in Rom 14:12 that every one of us shall give account of himself to God. Therefore let the words that proceed from my mouth bring praises to your name and edify the hearers in Jesus name – Amen.
- Pray again from Psalms 19:14 that the words of your mouth, and the meditation of your heart, be acceptable in the sight, of the LORD, our strength, and our redeemer.
- Enter into a covenant with Him with these words, “Father, I covenant with you that I will not offend any man in words, words of backbiting and slandering, words of complaining and murmuring, words or bitterness and hatred etc. I will pronounce blessings rather than cursing, love instead of hatred in the name of Jesus Christ – Amen.
- Heavenly Father, I covenant with you that I will not speak against Closer to Jesus Ministries and the Pastors and those you have placed in authority over me. I will not speak against a brother or sister in the name of Jesus Christ – Amen.
- Pray like this, “Heavenly Father on the strength of this covenant and according to your word in Isaiah 54:17, I condemn every tongue that has risen against me in judgment in the land, sea and air and I also neutralize by the Blood of Jesus Christ, every negative word spoken against me, knowingly or unknowingly by friends, family, colleagues etc. I declare that they will not rule over my life or affect me in any way in the name of Jesus Christ.”
Appreciate Him for answered prayers.