Theme: A Perfect Heart before God
Text: Gen 17:1 & Deut 18:13
Day 4 – Thursday 29th July 2010
Perfect in speeches – James 3:2, 1 Pet 1:15 & in patience – James 1:4 & Perfection in faith – 1 Thess 3:10 & James 2:22
- Father in the name of Jesus Christ, I thank you for your strength and hand upon my life for these past 3 days and as I enter into the 4th day of this fasting programme.
- I also thank you that as I remain faithful and obedient during this period, you will bring about a change in the way I speak, in my patience and faith in you.
- I therefore declare that the words that I speak and my utterances shall be acceptable to you in the name of Jesus Christ – Amen.
- Heavenly Father, according to your infallible word in James 3:2-8, that if any man offend not in word, the same is a perfect man and by the tongue, one can set on fire the course nature, I therefore pray that you help me put control over the things that I say with my mouth so that I do not offend you or someone else by my speeches in the name of Jesus Christ.
- Father in the name of Jesus Christ, let the words that I proclaim rather bring good tidings to the hearers and edify them. I covenant with you that no idle, negative word or complaining, backbiting and murmuring will proceed out of my mouth.
- According to Psalm 19:14, help me weigh every word that I speak so that the words of my mouth and the meditations of my heart will be acceptable to you.
- Father, according to your word in Col 4:6 perfect my speeches so that it will always be with grace, seasoned with salt, that I may know how I ought to answer every man.
- Heavenly Father, your word says in Luke 6:45 that from the abundance of the heart, the mouth speaks. I therefore pray that you help me fill my heart with your word, so that the words that I speak out will glorify your name in Jesus name.
- Lord, perfect me in the area of patience and teach me how to wait on you. I will not be hasty in taking decisions in Jesus name.
- According to James 1:3-4, make me to understand when my faith is being tried and let the trying of my faith produce patience and let this patience do its perfect work so that I will be perfect and complete, lacking nothing.
- Heavenly Father, as I surrender to your will, I pray that you increase my faith in your word and that you take me from one level of faith to another.
- I pray that you perfect my faith that I will believe you in all things every day of my life. I receive the faith that will move the mountains in my life in the name of Jesus Christ.
- Say to Him, “Father in the name of Jesus Christ, help me to believe you in all things (physically & spiritually) so that the works that I do will match the faith that I have in you.”
- I ask you this day to help me begin to doubt my doubts and starve them by believing in your word in the mighty name of Jesus Christ.
Day 5 – Friday 30th July 2010
Perfection in love and peace – 2 Corinthians 13:11; 1 John 4:17-18, in giving – John 3:16 & James 1:17 & in service and worship – Exodus 29:18, 25 & 41
- Father, again I thank you for the strength that you have give me on this 5th day of the fasting and prayer programme. I pray that at the end of this programme, I will not have wasted time or run in vain in Jesus name.
- Isa 65:24 – “And it shall come to pass, that before they call, I will answer; and while they are yet speaking, I will hear.” Thank Him for He has already started answering us by giving us a head start to the building project.
- Pray like this, “Heavenly Father, according to your word in 2 Corinthians 13:11, I receive your perfect peace and love in my life so that I will learn how to live at peace and demonstrate your love to those around me in Jesus name.”
- Lord, your word tells me in Rom 8:11 & 1 Corinthians 3:16 that the Spirit of Him that rose Jesus Christ from death dwells in me and that as Jesus is, so are we in this world, and because you are love and he that dwells in love dwells in you, I therefore receive upon my life, the perfect love of Jesus Christ and I pray that this love will shine through me in Jesus name.
- Father your word tells me in John 3:16 how you demonstrated your love by giving Jesus Christ to me, I therefore pray that you teach me how to give cheerfully and not grudgingly back to you, for the work of your kingdom and to the glory of your name.
- Teach me how to give love, my time, talents and resources to advance your kingdom.
- Say to Him, “Father you gave your only begotten Son to me, who gave His life for me without any excuse, I therefore surrender all my life, time, moments, body, my days, intellect and my will and all my heart to your service in Jesus name – Amen.”
- Pray like this from James 1:17, “Heavenly Father, according to your word, every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning. I therefore covenant with you this day that I will not withhold that which is meet for me to give.” I will give without wavering in Jesus name – Amen.
- Heavenly Father, your word tells me in 1 Pet 2:5 that I am a lively stone, I therefore refuse to bring before you, cold and half hearted worship, sacrifice and service in Jesus Christ name.
- Father, according to your word in Exodus 29:18, let the service, offering and worship that I offer to you be of a sweet smelling savour, perfect and acceptable to you in the name of Jesus Christ.
- According to Exodus 13:10, I commit to offer you the worship, praise and sacrifice due you in it’s season in Jesus name.
Lord I give you thanks and praise for answering me.
NB: More will follow during the night vigil.